The Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This page explains what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
Details About the Consulate of Guatemala in New York, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
57 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1) (229) 284-1094
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-15:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in New York, United States
Even though the consulate’s first role is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they far from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other matters, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in New York, United States
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with area health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the details in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in New York, United States
Answers from trusted consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in New York, United States provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Chennai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cali, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Innsbruck, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Hidalgo, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Benque Viejo Town, Belize
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bilbao, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Guatemalan Consulate in Dublin, Ireland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada