The Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will explain what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
General Information About the Consulate of Guatemala in Tijuana, Mexico
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to defend and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be solved by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico
Calle José María Velazco 2789 Interior 303
Colonia Zona Río
C.P.22010 Tijuana, Baja California
Telephone: (+52) 664 900-7148, –
Fax: (+52) 664 900 7237
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Erick Wotzbely Cardona ChávezConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Tijuana, Mexico
Although the consulate’s primary role is to protect its people from Guatemala while they far from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these situations, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health clinics to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the details in your region. Before you head down to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City, fills all other aims. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Tijuana, Mexico provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Valencia, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Denver, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bilbao, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Helsinki, Finland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Marseille, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cuenca, Ecuador