The Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and much more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in Fort Lauderdale, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping people from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
2601 Oakland Park Boulevard, E, Apt. 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone: (+1) (954) 467-1700, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr John P. BauerHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Fort Lauderdale, United States
Even though the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Find the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other matters, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these situations, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Fort Lauderdale, United States provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cali, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Del Rio, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Valencia, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Guatemalan Consulate in Innsbruck, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria