The Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Information Regarding the Consulate of Guatemala in Silver Spring, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
Jalan Indragiri No.49
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Telephone: -, –
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-14:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Silver Spring, United States
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health clinics to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other aims. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Silver Spring, United States provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Mumbai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bilbao, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cali, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Raleigh, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz, Bolivia