The Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Details On the Consulate of Guatemala in San Francisco, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States
870, Market St., Of. 667
San Francisco, CA 94111
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1) 415 788-5653
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in San Francisco, United States
Even though the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they far from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in San Francisco, United States
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health clinics to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the details in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most countries have various consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in San Francisco, United States
Answers from experienced consular assistance representatives.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about setting up your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in San Francisco, United States provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort-de-France, Martinique
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cali, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Benque Viejo Town, Belize
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in Budapest, Hungary
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Providence, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria