The Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
1a Calle Sur Poniente No. 35-5
Barrio de Guadalupe
Comitán de Domínguez, Chiapas
Telephone: (+52) (963) 110-6816, –
Fax: (+52) (963) 110 8083
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 09:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Edelfo Rubelio MartínezConsul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
Even though the consulate’s first job is to protect its people from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the scope of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
Answers from trusted consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Benque Viejo Town, Belize
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Brindisi, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Raleigh, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Valencia, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Arriaga, Mexico