The Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will explain what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and much more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in La Libertad, El Salvador
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its aim is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many issues can be solved by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
Edificio Avante, Suite 5-01
Blvd. Luis Poma
Santa Elena, Antiguo Cuscatlán
Telephone: (+503) 2505-5555 / 19, (+503) 2505-5500
Fax: (+503) 2505-5500
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Roberto Romero PinedaHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in San Salvador
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in La Libertad, El Salvador
Even if the consulate’s first job is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health providers to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the details in your region. Before you head down to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador, they work to assist nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in San Salvador, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
Answers from trusted consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in La Libertad, El Salvador provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Oslo, Norway
- Guatemalan Consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Rock Hill, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lake Worth, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seattle, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Helsinki, Finland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada