SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY: 877-719-1229
The Dominican Consulate in the United States is a diplomatic mission of the Dominican Republic to promote and protect the interests of its citizens abroad. It also provides consular services, such as issuing passports and providing assistance to those who are arrested or detained. The head of the Dominican Consulate is called a “Consul.” The current Consul is His Excellency Dr. Juan Carlos Castillo-Cerda.
Who can visit the Consulate?
If you are a Dominican citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you can visit the Consulate for any reason. If you are not a Dominican citizen or permanent resident of the United States, but have questions about your citizenship status or want to register with your embassy, you can visit the Consulate during their hours of operation.
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ponta Delgada, Portugal
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Cancun, Mexico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Dominican Consulate Paterson
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Athens, Greece
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Marseille, France
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ouanaminthe, Haiti
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Consulate of Dominican Republic Boston
GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED NOW: 877-719-1229
What services do the Consulate provide?
The Dominican Consulate in the United States provides a range of services to Dominicans living in the US. Services include:
- The issuance of Dominican passports and identity cards
- The granting of citizenship certificates
- Assistance with travel arrangements to the DR
- Legal assistance for criminal or civil cases
- Issuing visas for family members coming from abroad to visit their relatives in the US
If this is not the consulate you are looking for, here we have other consulates:
Why is it important to have a Consulate in the United States?
The most important reason is that it provides legal, consular and commercial services to Dominican nationals residing in the United States. These services include issuing passports and other travel documents, providing notary public services, registering births, deaths and marriages, as well as granting protection to Dominicans living outside the country. In addition to this, the consulate also provides these same services to US citizens traveling or living in the Dominican Republic for a period of time. This includes health insurance coverage if they need medical attention while visiting our country. There are many advantages of having a consulate in your country – one being that it helps promote trade between both countries by simplifying customs procedures.
DON’T DELAY, GET HELP NOW: 877-719-1229
What are the hours of operation for the consulate?
The Dominican Consulate in the United States is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
A TRUSTED LAWYER IS STANDING BY: 877-719-1229
How can I contact the Dominican Consulate?
The Consulate is located at: 150 East 79th Street (between Lexington and Third Avenues) New York NY 10075
Tel.: (212) 744-8500. Fax: (212) 744-8514
Contact the Consulate by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org