The Dominican Republic is a country in the West Indies and is known for its beaches, resorts and rich culture. New Jersey has a significant Dominican population. The consulate offers many services to the community such as birth certificates, death certificates, notarizations, and passport renewal.
The consulate has a total of two consular officers who are responsible for providing information on visas to Dominican citizens who are planning on traveling abroad or who are living abroad.
The Dominican Consulate in New Jersey is a diplomatic and consular office of the government of the Dominican Republic. We provide services to Dominicans living in nw washington dc, as well as US citizens who are visiting or want to do business with our country.
IMMEDIATE HELP, CALL US NOW: 877-719-122
Who can visit the Consulate?
The Dominican Consulate in California is open to everyone who has dealings with the Dominican Republic, whether they are citizens or not. However, children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years old and those under 16 need written consent from their parents as well as a letter from school stating that they have been excused from class for this appointment. You may also make an appointment by phone or email.
Services Offered by the Consulate
The Consulate General of the Dominican Republic in New Jersey is committed to providing quality services to its citizens. This is done through the following services:
- The issuance of passports, identification cards and other consular documents, as well as their renewal.
- Assistance with legal matters for those who reside abroad.
- Issuance of birth certificates and other documents that are not issued by santo domingo authorities.
- Legalization of documents issued by other authorities or institutions outside the country.
- Legal consultations on all issues related to immigration.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY: 877-719-1229
How do I apply for a visa at the Consulate?
To apply for a visa at the embassy, please come in person with the following:
- Valid Passport
- One (1) original passport-sized photo of yourself taken within the last six months
- Proof of residence in the Dominican Republic – such as a copy of your lease or utility bill
- Completed application form
- Payment of consular fee
A TRUSTED LAWYER IS STANDING BY: 877-719-1229
Why should I Visit the Dominican Consulate in New Orleans?
The Dominican Consulate in New Orleans is a great place to visit if you are looking for immigration services, need help with your passport or visa, would like to register as a voter, or would like to get more information on the country of the Dominican Republic.
Important information: The Dominican Consulate in New Jersey is located at address: 152 Market St, Paterson, NJ 07505
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 9AM to 4PM