The Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Details About the Consulate of Dominican Republic in San Juan, Puerto Rico
A consulate like the Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Dominican Republic.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping people from Dominican Republic who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Dominican Republic and communities.
Many issues can be solved by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
1612 Avenida Ponce de Leon, 7th floor
San Juan, 00910-0540
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1 787) 721-7820
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: –
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Dominican Republic in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Even though the consulate’s first role is to safeguard citizens from Dominican Republic while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Dominican Republic who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other subjects, check out the Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these predicaments, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health providers to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to learn the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office location, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Dominican Republic nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Dominican Republic nationals in custody
At the Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico, they work to support nationals from Dominican Republic around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the -, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have various consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Answers from trusted consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Dominican Republic you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Dominican Republic when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Dominican Republic in San Juan, Puerto Rico provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Dominican Republic who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Alicante, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate General in San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Recife, Brazil
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Hong Kong
- Dominican Consulates in the US
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Cancun, Mexico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Nice, France
- Consulate of Dominican Republic New York