The Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
A consulate like the Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to defend and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Dominican Republic.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping people from Dominican Republic who live or are traveling. But it also encourages stronger connections between the Dominican Republic and communities.
Many issues can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Praia do Botafogo, 210, sala 903
22250-040 Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Telephone: (+55) 21 2553 3003, –
Fax: (+55) 21 5221 4183
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Carlos Polibio Michel PresboConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Brasilia
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Although the consulate’s first role is to protect citizens from Dominican Republic while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Dominican Republic who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other subjects, look into the Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health clinics to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the details in your region. Before you drive to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Dominican Republic nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Dominican Republic nationals in custody
At the Dominican Republic Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, they work to support nationals from Dominican Republic around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Brasilia, fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Dominican Republic you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Dominican Republic when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Dominican Republic in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Dominican Republic who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Dominican Consulate Paterson
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dominican Republic Consulate General in Manila, Philippines
- Dominican Consulates in the US
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Nice, France
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Hong Kong
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Recife, Brazil
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Alicante, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ancona, Italy
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ouanaminthe, Haiti