The Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This page explains what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Dominican Republic in New York, United States
A consulate like the Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Dominican Republic.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping people from Dominican Republic who reside or are traveling. But it also stimulates stronger connections between the Dominican Republic and people.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States
20 Park Plaza
Suite 601, 6th floor
The Statler Building
New York, NY 10036
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1) (212) 768-2677
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Dominican Republic in New York, United States
Although the consulate’s first role is to protect its people from Dominican Republic while they far from home, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Dominican Republic who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Find the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For further information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, look into the Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in New York, United States
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health clinics to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the details in your area. Before you head down to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Dominican Republic nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Dominican Republic nationals in custody
At the Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States, they work to help nationals from Dominican Republic around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, D.C., fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in New York, United States
Answers from experienced consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Dominican Republic you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Dominican Republic when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Dominican Republic in New York, United States provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Dominican Republic who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Consulate of Dominican Republic New York
- Consulate of Dominican Republic Bronx
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Dominican Republic Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ponta Delgada, Portugal
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Milan, Italy
- Dominican Consulates in the US
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Ancona, Italy
- Dominican Republic Consulate General in Manila, Philippines
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico