- 1 General Info Regarding the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Chicago, United States
- 2 Contact Info for the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States
- 3 Consular Services of the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Chicago, United States
- 4 Common Qs about the Consulate in Chicago, United States
This page will discuss what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Info Regarding the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Chicago, United States
A consulate like the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Dominican Republic.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping people from Dominican Republic who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Dominican Republic and communities.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States
8770 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Triangle Plaza Suite 1300
Chicago, IL 60631
Telephone: (+1) (773) 714-4924 / 5, –
Fax: (+1) (773) 714-4926
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Gisselle Castillo SantanaConsul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Dominican Republic in Chicago, United States
Even if the consulate’s primary job is to safeguard citizens from Dominican Republic while they far from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Dominican Republic who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these situations, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Chicago, United States
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with area health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the details in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Dominican Republic nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Dominican Republic nationals in custody
At the Dominican Republic Consulate in Chicago, United States, they work to support nationals from Dominican Republic around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, D.C., fills all other aims. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Chicago, United States
Answers from experienced consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Dominican Republic you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Dominican Republic when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Dominican Republic in Chicago, United States provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Dominican Republic who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Dominican Republic Consulate General in Manila, Philippines
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Nice, France
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Consulate of Dominican Republic Bronx
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Cancun, Mexico
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Fort-de-France, Martinique
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Dominican Consulate in the United States
- Dominican Republic Consulate in New York, United States
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Dominican Republic Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador