The Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and more.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Information On the Consulate of Guatemala in Yokohama, Japan
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping people from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
c/o Brooks Holdings Co., Ltd.
4-54-6, Utsukushigaokapka, Aoba-ku
Yokohama City, Kanagawa 225-8539
Telephone: (+81) 4 5901-7660, –
Fax: (+81) 4 5902-6644
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Ogawa TakeshigeHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Tokyo
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Yokohama, Japan
Although the consulate’s first job is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they far from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with area health clinics to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan, they work to assist nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Tokyo, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
Answers from trusted consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Yokohama, Japan provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lake Worth, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bilbao, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Brindisi, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Benque Viejo Town, Belize
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Trieste, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Denver, United States