The Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This page explains what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and much more.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Information Regarding the Consulate of Guatemala in Lisbon, Portugal
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to defend and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal
Office in Porto Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, 482 4149-01
Av. Elias Garcia, 57 – 3º andar
Telephone: (+351) 9322 23500, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Eurico Castro AlvesHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Paris
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Lisbon, Portugal
Even though the consulate’s primary job is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other subjects, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health clinics to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the details in your region. Before you head down to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Paris, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal
Answers from trusted consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Lisbon, Portugal provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kyoto, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Providence, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cali, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Acayucan, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Arriaga, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Chennai, India