The Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Info About the Consulate of Guatemala in Athens, Greece
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to defend and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece
90, rue Kyprou & 45, rue Chrysostomou Smyrnis
164 51 Argyroupolis
Telephone: (+30) 210.90.06.000, –
Fax: (+30) 210.90.06.159
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Constantinos MitsouHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Holy See
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Athens, Greece
Although the consulate’s primary role is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other issues, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Athens, Greece
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the details in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Holy See, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Athens, Greece
Answers from helpful consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Athens, Greece provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium
- Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Trieste, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Acayucan, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Hidalgo, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Bernardino, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan