The Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
General Information On the Consulate of Guatemala in Lyon, France
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
106 rue Edouard Herriot
Telephone: (+33) 4 7261 2402, –
Fax: (+33) 4 7261 1801
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Alain DuflotHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Paris
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Lyon, France
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to protect its people from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Find the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other issues, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Lyon, France
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Paris, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Lyon, France
Answers from trusted consular assistance representatives.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Lyon, France provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sapporo, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Helsinki, Finland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in Marseille, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Riverhead, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kyoto, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada