The Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will discuss what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
Details About the Consulate of Guatemala in Montreal, Canada
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be solved by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
1255 University Street, Suite 512
Montréal, QC H3B 3B6
Telephone: (+1) (514) 397-2348, –
Fax: (+1) (514) 667-2469
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: consmontreal.minex.gob.gt
Head of Mission: Mr Nelson Rafael Olivero GarcíaConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Ottawa
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Montreal, Canada
Although the consulate’s primary job is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they far from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these predicaments, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Montreal, Canada
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your region. Before you head down to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Ottawa, fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Montreal, Canada
Answers from experienced consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Montreal, Canada provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Denver, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tenosique, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bilbao, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Brindisi, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kyoto, Japan