The Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This page will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and much more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate of Guatemala in Gent, Belgium
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also encourages stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium
Telephone: (+32) 2-514 3777, –
Fax: (+32) 9-225 3686
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Jean-Pierre PaelinckHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Brussels
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Gent, Belgium
Even if the consulate’s primary job is to safeguard citizens from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Gent, Belgium
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to learn the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Gent, Belgium, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Brussels, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Gent, Belgium
Answers from helpful consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Gent, Belgium provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Valencia, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort-de-France, Martinique
- Guatemalan Consulate in Rock Hill, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Helsinki, Finland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Marseille, France