The Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This page will discuss what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate of Guatemala in Sydney, Australia
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many issues can be remedied by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Level 1, 71 York Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (+61) 415 317 041, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Hugh JamesHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Canberra
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Sydney, Australia
Even though the consulate’s first role is to protect its people from Guatemala while they far from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the website for accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and FAQs about these and other matters, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Canberra, fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Sydney, Australia provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal
- Guatemalan Consulate in Mumbai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in Del Rio, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zaragoza, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Riverhead, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Innsbruck, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Brindisi, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Comitan de Dominguez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Minsk, Belarus