The Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog explains what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact information, and much more.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate of Guatemala in Oaxaca, Mexico
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be fixed by you as an individual, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
Calle Heroica Escuela Naval Militar 1205
Oaxaca de Juárez, Oaxaca, 68050
Telephone: (+52) (951) 132-5949, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Carlos Ranferi Gómez LópezConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Oaxaca, Mexico
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other matters, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health clinics to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico, they work to assist nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
Answers from experienced consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Oaxaca, Mexico provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zaragoza, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seattle, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kyoto, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Hidalgo, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Arriaga, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Providence, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain