The Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will explain what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Info About the Consulate of Guatemala in Medellin, Colombia
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its aim is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be solved by you, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
Carrera 42 # 33 – 173
Autopista sur km 9 – Itagüí
Telephone: (+57) (4) 372 2000, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-12:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Andrés Felipe Mejía CardonaHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Bogota
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Medellin, Colombia
Even though the consulate’s first job is to safeguard citizens from Guatemala while they far from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Find the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the details in your area. Before you head down to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Bogota, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Medellin, Colombia provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- The Consulate of Guatemala in the United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Budapest, Hungary
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Mazatlan, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zaragoza, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Minsk, Belarus
- Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sapporo, Japan