The Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in Zurich, Switzerland
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its aim is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping people from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
Via Privata Cesare Mangili, 2/A
Telephone: -, –
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Bern
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Zurich, Switzerland
Although the consulate’s primary role is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other issues, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these predicaments, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health clinics to provide services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the details in your region. Before you head down to the office, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Bern, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Zurich, Switzerland provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Rock Hill, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Marseille, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Chennai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in Innsbruck, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Arriaga, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Minsk, Belarus
- Guatemalan Consulate in Zaragoza, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Dublin, Ireland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Yokohama, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Del Rio, United States