The Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog explains what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in Merida, Mexico
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to defend and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also motivates more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico
Calle 25 No. 137 por 30 y 32
Telephone: (+52) 999 750 5606, (+52) 999 927 9349
Fax: (+52) 999 118 3403
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Carlos Iván Melchor SolorzanoVice-Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Merida, Mexico
Even though the consulate’s primary job is to protect its people from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Merida, Mexico
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health clinics to provide services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Merida, Mexico
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Merida, Mexico provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kyoto, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Bernardino, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Chennai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tenosique, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Raleigh, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Dublin, Ireland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Guatemalan Consulate in Arriaga, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tijuana, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles, United States