The Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Information About the Consulate of Guatemala in Atlanta, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also supports more lasting connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many issues can be remedied by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States
3699 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30341
Telephone: (+1) 404-398-9298, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: consatlanta.blogspot.com
Head of Mission: Telma Leonor Borrayo CarreraConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Atlanta, United States
Even if the consulate’s first job is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they far from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other issues, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Atlanta, United States
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta, United States, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Atlanta, United States
Answers from trusted consular assistance experts.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Atlanta, United States provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Merida, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Francisco, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Denver, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort-de-France, Martinique
- Guatemalan Consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Guatemalan Consulate in La Libertad, El Salvador
- Guatemalan Consulate in Medellin, Colombia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Rock Hill, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Puebla, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada