The Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and more.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Information About the Consulate of Guatemala in Toronto, Canada
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
1255 University Street, Suite 512
Toronto, ON L3T 6S9
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1) (0) 51 211 864
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Ottawa
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Toronto, Canada
Even if the consulate’s first role is to safeguard its people from Guatemala while they are away from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the scope of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Toronto, Canada
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health clinics to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to learn the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Guatemala nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada, they work to assist nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Ottawa, fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most countries have various consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Toronto, Canada
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Toronto, Canada provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Trieste, Italy
- Guatemalan Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in New York, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Providence, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Acayucan, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Athens, Greece
- Guatemalan Consulate in Valencia, Spain