The Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will cover what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and much more.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Info About the Consulate of Guatemala in Monterrey, Mexico
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also encourages stronger connections between the Guatemala and people.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
Luis Urbina 1208
64580 Monterrey NL
Telephone: (+52) 818 340 6947, (+52) 8183-728648
Fax: No fax number
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Mario Rene GonzalezConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Monterrey, Mexico
Although the consulate’s first job is to protect citizens from Guatemala while they far from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the scope of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, look into the Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your region. Before you head down to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico, they work to support nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Mexico City, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
Answers from helpful consular assistance representatives.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Monterrey, Mexico provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Guatemala who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guatemalan Consulate in Budapest, Hungary
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lake Worth, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Benque Viejo Town, Belize
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Marseille, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Raleigh, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- The Consulate of Guatemala in the United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Guatemalan Consulate in Chennai, India
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria