The Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog will explain what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Info About the Consulate of Guatemala in Madison, United States
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its aim is to defend and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who reside or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States
705 South Broadway Street
Madison, WI 53719
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+1) 289-8779
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Guatemala in Madison, United States
Even if the consulate’s primary job is to safeguard citizens from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the scope of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Madison, United States
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health providers to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to learn the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Madison, United States, they work to assist nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, D.C., fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Madison, United States
Answers from experienced consular assistance professionals.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Guatemala when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Madison, United States provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Guatemalan Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in Dublin, Ireland
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tenosique, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles, United States