The Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog explains what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sofia, Bulgaria
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping people from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also encourages stronger connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many problems can be fixed by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you might need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria
12 Rifaa Street
Dokki – Giza
Telephone: -, –
Fax: (+359) 11 635-6661
Email: cons@uruguayconsulcom, -, –
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday: 14:00-16:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: –
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Bucharest
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sofia, Bulgaria
Even if the consulate’s first job is to safeguard citizens from Uruguay while they far from home, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, look into the Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these predicaments, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health providers to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Uruguay nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria, they work to support nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Bucharest, fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about setting up your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate General of Uruguay in Sofia, Bulgaria provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Valparaiso, Chile
- Uruguayan Consulate in Santana Do Livramento, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cagliari, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bergen, Norway
- Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Valletta, Malta
- Uruguayan Consulate in Damascus, Syria
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bologna, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in New York, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Toulouse, France
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guangzhou, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cordoba, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Concordia, Argentina