The Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will discuss what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact information, and much more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Details On the Consulate of Uruguay in Toronto, Canada
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping people from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also supports more lasting connections between the Uruguay and communities.
Many issues can be fixed by you as an individual, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
300 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 302
Toronto, ON M2N 1N5
Telephone: (+1) (416) 730 1289, –
Fax: (+1) (416) 730 0192
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Ms Silvana Montes de OcaConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Ottawa
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Uruguay in Toronto, Canada
Although the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Uruguay while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other subjects, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these predicaments, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Toronto, Canada
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with area health providers to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the details in your area. Before you head down to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Uruguay nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada, they work to support nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Ottawa, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Toronto, Canada
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to communicate with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Toronto, Canada provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Uruguay who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Uruguayan Consulate in Stuttgart, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cagliari, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cadiz, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in San Francisco, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Salt Lake City, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Uruguayan Consulate in Concordia, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Munich, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cancun, Mexico
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cordoba, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Mendoza, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oranjestad, Aruba