The Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Details About the Consulate of Uruguay in Halifax, Canada
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its aim is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping people from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also supports more lasting connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many issues can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada
91 Cobequid Drive
Truro, NS B2N 5P9
Telephone: (+1) 902-899-5456, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Craig Frederick BloisHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Ottawa
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Uruguay in Halifax, Canada
Even though the consulate’s first role is to safeguard its people from Uruguay while they far from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Uruguay who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Find the location near you to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other matters, look into the Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these predicaments, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Halifax, Canada
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Uruguay nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada, they work to support nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Ottawa, fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Halifax, Canada
Answers from experienced consular assistance representatives.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Find the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Uruguay when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Halifax, Canada provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guangzhou, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in New Orleans, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Mumbai, India
- Uruguayan Consulate in New York, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Chui, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Santana Do Livramento, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Salzburg, Austria
- Uruguayan Consulate in Haifa, Israel
- Uruguayan Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Gualeguaychu, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Perth, Australia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Uruguayan Consulate in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Uruguayan Consulate in Mendoza, Argentina