The Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Info Regarding the Consulate of Uruguay in Lyon, France
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping people from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Uruguay and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France
Telephone: -, –
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Honorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Paris
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Uruguay in Lyon, France
Although the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Uruguay while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Lyon, France
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Uruguay nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France, they work to assist nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Paris, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Lyon, France
Answers from trusted consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Lyon, France provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Uruguay who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cadiz, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Monaco
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Uruguayan Consulate in Perth, Australia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oklahoma City, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bage, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guangzhou, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Marrakech, Morocco
- Uruguayan Consulate in Munich, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Uruguayan Consulate in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Poznan, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Tallinn, Estonia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Mendoza, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia