The Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This page will discuss what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Details About the Consulate General of Uruguay in Houston, United States
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Uruguay who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States
Houston, TX 77057-1765
Telephone: -, –
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Honorary Consul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Consulate General of Uruguay in Miami
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Uruguay in Houston, United States
Even though the consulate’s first job is to safeguard citizens from Uruguay while they are away from home, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these situations, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Houston, United States
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health providers to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Uruguay nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States, they work to assist nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Consulate General of Uruguay in Miami, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Houston, United States
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate General of Uruguay in Houston, United States provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Valparaiso, Chile
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bergen, Norway
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in San Francisco, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Tallinn, Estonia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Krakow, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Dallas, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Minsk, Belarus
- Uruguayan Consulate in Rosario, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Fortaleza, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oklahoma City, United States
- Allison focuses exclusively on immigration. He likes to help individuals on a broad range of issues, including embassies, consulates, detention centers, visas at United States Consular centers. Allison wants to help most people as possible on immigration or visa problems.