The Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will explain what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Uruguay in Colombo, Sri Lanka
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to defend and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping people from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
117, Hunupitiya Lake Road
Telephone: (+94) 11 243 8951 / 11 230 3355, –
Fax: (+94) 11 243 8956
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 09:00-13:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: John Shiran DissanayakeHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: –
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Uruguay in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Although the consulate’s first job is to protect citizens from Uruguay while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health providers to provide services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the details in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Uruguay nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka, they work to help nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the -, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Answers from trusted consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Find the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Colombo, Sri Lanka provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Chongqing, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Miskolc, Hungary
- Uruguayan Consulate in New Orleans, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bremen, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Poznan, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Pedro Juan Caballero, Paraguay
- Uruguayan Consulate in Damascus, Syria
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oklahoma City, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Dallas, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Minsk, Belarus
- Uruguayan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guangzhou, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cagliari, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bergen, Norway
- Uruguayan Consulate in Krakow, Poland