The Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog explains what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
General Info About the Consulate of Uruguay in Basel, Switzerland
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates stronger connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many problems can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland
Telephone: -, –
Email: -, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Honorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Bern
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Uruguay in Basel, Switzerland
Even though the consulate’s first role is to safeguard citizens from Uruguay while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Uruguay who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these predicaments, additionally.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Basel, Switzerland
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with area health clinics to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Uruguay nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Basel, Switzerland, they work to assist nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Bern, fills all other aims. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Basel, Switzerland
Answers from experienced consular assistance professionals.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Uruguay when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Basel, Switzerland provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Uruguay who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cancun, Mexico
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cagliari, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Uruguayan Consulate in Fortaleza, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Chongqing, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Pedro Juan Caballero, Paraguay
- Uruguayan Consulate in Poznan, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Rosario, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Concordia, Argentina
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ljubljana, Slovenia