The Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will cover what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate of Uruguay in Porto, Portugal
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping people from Uruguay who reside or are traveling. But it also stimulates stronger connections between the Uruguay and communities.
Many problems can be fixed by you, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal
Patio Das Japoneiras, 5
Telephone: (+351) 226 107 909 / 929 113 451, (+351) 226 180 140
Fax: (+351) 229 993 211
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00 – 13:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr José Rui Vale Amador e PinhoHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Lisbon
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Uruguay in Porto, Portugal
Although the consulate’s first job is to protect citizens from Uruguay while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, look into the Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Porto, Portugal
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with area health providers to provide services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the details in your area. Before you head down to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Uruguay nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Porto, Portugal, they work to help nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Lisbon, fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Porto, Portugal
Answers from trusted consular assistance representatives.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Uruguay in Porto, Portugal provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cadiz, Spain
- Uruguayan Consulate in Monaco
- Uruguayan Consulate in New York, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bergen, Norway
- Uruguayan Consulate in Genoa, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Yerevan, Armenia
- Uruguayan Consulate in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Uruguayan Consulate in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Uruguayan Consulate in Cagliari, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Uruguayan Consulate in Livorno, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bremen, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Damascus, Syria
- Uruguayan Consulate in Houston, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam