- 1 Info About the Consulate of Costa Rica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2 Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 3 Consular Services of the Consulate of Costa Rica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 4 FAQs about the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and more.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Info About the Consulate of Costa Rica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
A consulate like the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of citizens from Costa Rica.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Costa Rica who reside or are traveling. But it also encourages stronger connections between the Costa Rica and communities.
Many problems can be solved by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Av. N. Sra. de Copacabana 1.417 loja 120
22070-011 Rio de Janeiro – RJ
Telephone: (+55) 21 2267 9513, –
Fax: (+55) 21 2522 8833
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Samuel Levy ElbazHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Costa Rica in Brasilia
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Costa Rica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to protect its people from Costa Rica while they far from their home country, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Costa Rica who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the details in your region. Before you drive to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Costa Rica nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Costa Rica nationals in custody
At the Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, they work to assist nationals from Costa Rica around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Costa Rica in Brasilia, fills all other aims. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Costa Rica you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to communicate with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Costa Rica when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Costa Rica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Costa Rica who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg
- Costa Rican Consulate in Mito, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Costa Rican Consulate in Temuco, Chile
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Kobe, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Nagoya, Japan
- The Consulate of Costa Rica in the United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bari, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Manila, Philippines