The Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This page explains what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Information On the Consulate of Costa Rica in Johannesburg, South Africa
A consulate like the Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Costa Rica.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Costa Rica who live or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Costa Rica and communities.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa
114 Oxford Road
Telephone: (+27) (0) 11 486 4716, –
Fax: (+27) (0) 11 646 7514
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-18:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Ms Simone Andrea BishopHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: –
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Costa Rica in Johannesburg, South Africa
Although the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard citizens from Costa Rica while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Costa Rica who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the scope of consular services they give. Find the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For further information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health providers to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the details in your region. Before you drive to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Costa Rica nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Costa Rica nationals in custody
At the Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa, they work to help nationals from Costa Rica around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the -, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Costa Rica you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Costa Rica when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Costa Rica in Johannesburg, South Africa provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Costa Rica who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Costa Rican Consulate in Mito, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bari, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tartu, Estonia
- Costa Rican Consulate in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
- Costa Rican Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Turin, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Kobe, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate in Curitiba, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate in Temuco, Chile
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Costa Rican Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Stockholm, Sweden
- Allison focuses exclusively on immigration. He likes to help individuals on a broad range of issues, including embassies, consulates, detention centers, visas at United States Consular centers. Allison wants to help most people as possible on immigration or visa problems.