- 1 General Info On the Consulate of Costa Rica in Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Costa Rica in Lausanne, Switzerland
- 4 FAQs about the Consulate in General Lausanne, Switzerland
The Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will explain what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Costa Rica in Lausanne, Switzerland
A consulate like the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Costa Rica.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping people from Costa Rica who reside or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Costa Rica and communities.
Many problems can be remedied by you, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland
Chemin de Mornex 38
Case postale 85
Telephone: (+41) 21 312 77 64, –
Fax: (+41) 21 312 33 02
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Alain AboudaranHonorary Consul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Costa Rica in Bern
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate of Costa Rica in Lausanne, Switzerland
Even if the consulate’s first job is to safeguard its people from Costa Rica while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Costa Rica who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to make an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these scenarios, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in General Lausanne, Switzerland
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the details in your region. Before you head down to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Costa Rica nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Costa Rica nationals in custody
At the Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland, they work to assist nationals from Costa Rica around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Supervising Authority vs. Honorary Consulate
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Costa Rica in Bern, fills all other aims. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in General Lausanne, Switzerland
Answers from trusted consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Costa Rica you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about setting up your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Costa Rica when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Costa Rica in Lausanne, Switzerland provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Costa Rica who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Costa Rican Consulate in Curitiba, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Stockholm, Sweden
- Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Costa Rican Consulate in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Manila, Philippines
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tartu, Estonia
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bratislava, Slovakia
- The Consulate of Costa Rica in the United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Florence, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Los Angeles, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Nagoya, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Temuco, Chile
- Costa Rican Consulate in Atlanta, United States