The Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and much more.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
General Info On the Consulate of Guatemala in Düsseldorf, Germany
A consulate like the Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Guatemala.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping citizens from Guatemala who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates stronger connections between the Guatemala and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany
Grafenberger Allee 277-287, Eingang C
Telephone: (+49) 211 670 645 90, (+49) 211 626 89 6
Fax: (+49) 211 670 645 99
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30 – 12:30, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Dr Peter Thomas KnaakHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Guatemala in Berlin
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Guatemala in Düsseldorf, Germany
Although the consulate’s primary job is to protect its people from Guatemala while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Guatemala who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these situations, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your area. Before you head down to the office, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Guatemala nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Guatemala nationals in custody
At the Guatemalan Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany, they work to help nationals from Guatemala around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Guatemala in Berlin, fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Düsseldorf, Germany
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Guatemala you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Guatemala when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Guatemala in Düsseldorf, Germany provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Guatemala who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Pölten, Austria
- Guatemalan Consulate in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Guatemalan Consulate in Silver Spring, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Seville, Spain
- Guatemalan Consulate in Sapporo, Japan
- Guatemalan Consulate in Tenosique, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in San Bernardino, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Memphis, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Bordeaux, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Guatemalan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Guatemalan Consulate in Hidalgo, Mexico
- Guatemalan Consulate in Providence, United States
- Guatemalan Consulate in Acayucan, Mexico