The Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden is a useful resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will discuss what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
General Information About the Consulate of Costa Rica in Gothenburg, Sweden
A consulate like the Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Costa Rica.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping people from Costa Rica who reside or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Costa Rica and people.
Many issues can be fixed by you as an individual, but in other predicaments, you might need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden
411 23 Göteborg
Telephone: (+46) 31 83 21 65, (+46) 31 13 61 64
Fax: (+46) 31 20 77 76
Email: email@example.com, -, –
Office Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 09:00-10:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Lars Å. HansonHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Costa Rica in London
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Costa Rica in Gothenburg, Sweden
Even if the consulate’s primary job is to protect citizens from Costa Rica while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Costa Rica who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the official website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, look into the Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to provide services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the specifics in your region. Before you drive to the office location, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Costa Rica nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Costa Rica nationals in custody
At the Costa Rican Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden, they work to assist nationals from Costa Rica around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Costa Rica in London, fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Gothenburg, Sweden
Answers from trusted consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can program an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Costa Rica you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to communicate with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Costa Rica when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Costa Rica in Gothenburg, Sweden provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Costa Rica who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Mito, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bari, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Costa Rican Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Leipzig, Germany
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tartu, Estonia
- Costa Rican Consulate in Amman, Jordan
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Kobe, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Stockholm, Sweden
- Costa Rican Consulate in Temuco, Chile
- Costa Rican Consulate in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Manila, Philippines