The Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact information, and much more.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have more questions.
Details Regarding the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York, United States
A consulate like the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Costa Rica.
The consulate’s primary duties focus on helping people from Costa Rica who live or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Costa Rica and communities.
Many problems can be fixed by you, but in other situations, you may need consular representations abroad. A educated lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States
15 West 37th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Telephone: (+1) (212) 509 3066, (+1) (212) 509 3067
Fax: (+1) (212) 509 3068
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 09:00-17:00, Office hours: 09:30-13:30
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Rolando Enrique Madrigal GutierrezConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Costa Rica in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York, United States
Even if the consulate’s primary job is to protect citizens from Costa Rica while they far from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Costa Rica who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the scope of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the website for accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, as well.
Other Functions of the Consulate in New York, United States
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring inexpensive or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health clinics to give services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the details in your region. Before you head down to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Costa Rica nationals receive fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Costa Rica nationals in custody
At the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, United States, they work to support nationals from Costa Rica around the world. Before you travel to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Costa Rica in Washington, D.C., fills all other aims. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in New York, United States
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly communicating with the honorary consulate of Costa Rica you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Costa Rica when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Costa Rica in New York, United States provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Costa Rica who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Kobe, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Leipzig, Germany
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Stockholm, Sweden
- Costa Rican Consulate in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
- The Consulate of Costa Rica in the United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tartu, Estonia
- Costa Rican Consulate in Temuco, Chile
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Nagoya, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Costa Rican Consulate in Bari, Italy
- Costa Rican Consulate General in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Costa Rican Consulate in Mito, Japan
- Costa Rican Consulate in Tucson, United States
- Costa Rican Consulate in Curitiba, Brazil
- Allison focuses exclusively on immigration. He likes to help individuals on a broad range of issues, including embassies, consulates, detention centers, visas at United States Consular centers. Allison wants to help most people as possible on immigration or visa problems.
- CCW – Belizean Consulates in2021.11.18Consulate of Belize in Veracruz, Mexico
- CCW – Belizean Consulates in2021.11.18Consulate of Belize in Tijuana, Mexico
- CCW – Belizean Consulates in2021.11.18Consulate of Belize in Sydney, Australia
- CCW – Belizean Consulates in2021.11.18Consulate of Belize in Singapore