The Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and much more.
Like always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Info About the Consulate General of Argentina in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
A consulate like the Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to defend and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Argentina.
The consulate’s primary missions focus on helping people from Argentina who reside or are traveling. But it also supports stronger connections between the Argentina and people.
Many issues can be remedied by you as an individual, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Praia Botafogo 228, sobreloja 201
22250-040 Rio de Janeiro – RJ
Telephone: (+55) 21 2553 1568, (+55) 21 2553 1646
Fax: (+55) 21 2552 4191
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00-15:00, –
Official Website: crioj.cancilleria.gob.ar
Head of Mission: Claudio GutiérrezConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Argentina in Brasilia
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Argentina in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Although the consulate’s first job is to safeguard its people from Argentina while they are away from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Argentina who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several ways of identification provided by the Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can advise you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For further information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these situations, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health providers to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to learn the details in your area. Before you head down to the office location, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Argentina nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Argentina nationals in custody
At the Argentine Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, they work to assist nationals from Argentina around the world. Before you go to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Argentina in Brasilia, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most nations have various consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Answers from helpful consular assistance professionals.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Argentina you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a team member about programming your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Argentina when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate General of Argentina in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Argentina who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Argentine Consulate in Paysandu, Uruguay
- Argentine Consulate in Fray Bentos, Uruguay
- Argentine Consulate in Tarija, Bolivia
- Argentine Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Argentine Consulate in Encarnacion, Paraguay
- Argentine Consulate in Houston, United States
- Argentine Consulate in Antofagasta, Chile
- Argentine Consulate in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Argentine Consulate in Concepción, Chile
- Argentine Consulate in Bonn, Germany
- Argentine Consulate in Shanghai, China
- Argentine Consulate in Barcelona, Spain
- Argentine Consulate in Cadiz, Spain
- Argentine Consulate in Hamburg, Germany
- Argentine Consulate in Puerto Montt, Chile
- Allison focuses exclusively on immigration. He likes to help individuals on a broad range of issues, including embassies, consulates, detention centers, visas at United States Consular centers. Allison wants to help most people as possible on immigration or visa problems.