- 1 General Info About the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sydney, Australia
- 2 Contact Information for the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- 3 Description of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sydney, Australia
- 4 Common Qs about the Consulate in Sydney, Australia
The Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog explains what the Consulate does, some of the most common services, contact info, and more.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
General Info About the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sydney, Australia
A consulate like the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its objective is to defend and secure the rights and interests of people from Uruguay.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping citizens from Uruguay who live or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Uruguay and people.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other situations, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Level 20, 44 Market Street
P.O. Box Q1807
Sydney, NSW 2001
Telephone: (+61) 2 9290 2896, –
Fax: (+61) 2 9290 2870
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00-16:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Juan BarbozaConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Uruguay in Canberra
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Uruguay in Sydney, Australia
Although the consulate’s first role is to safeguard its people from Uruguay while they far from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Uruguay who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For further information and FAQs about these and other topics, check out the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health providers to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the details in your region. Before you head down to the office location, verify the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Uruguay nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Uruguay nationals in custody
At the Uruguayan Consulate in Sydney, Australia, they work to support nationals from Uruguay around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Uruguay in Canberra, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the entire country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Sydney, Australia
Answers from helpful consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Uruguay you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Uruguay when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate General of Uruguay in Sydney, Australia provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Uruguay who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to get that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Uruguayan Consulate in Gdansk, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Bologna, Italy
- Uruguayan Consulate in Krakow, Poland
- Uruguayan Consulate in Hamburg, Germany
- Uruguayan Consulate in Lyon, France
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oklahoma City, United States
- Uruguayan Consulate in Yerevan, Armenia
- Uruguayan Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Uruguayan Consulate in Oranjestad, Aruba
- Uruguayan Consulate in Halifax, Canada
- Uruguayan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Uruguayan Consulate in Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Uruguayan Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica
- Uruguayan Consulate in Chongqing, China
- Uruguayan Consulate in Concordia, Argentina