The Consulate of Colombia in Boston
The Consulate of Colombia in Boston is a Colombian diplomatic mission located in Boston, Massachusetts. The Consulate offers many services for Colombians living in the United States and can also be used as a resource for those interested in learning more about Colombia.
The History of the Consulate
In 1823, Colombia was established as a sovereign nation after gaining independence from Spain. In 1826, the Colombian government appointed an honorary consul to Boston. This person served as a legal advisor to all Colombians residing in New England and would also help them with any legal issues they may have had. In 1911, Colombia opened its first consulate office in Boston. Today, there are 60 honorary consuls working at different posts throughout the United States.
- The Colombian Consulate in Miami, Florida
- The Consulate of Colombia in the United States
- Consulate of Colombia Orlando
- Consulate of Colombia Los Angeles
- Consulate of Colombia Atlanta
- Consulate of Colombia Houston
- Consulate of Colombia Newark
- Consulate of Colombia New York
Services offered by the Consulate
The Consulate of Colombia in Boston offers a variety of services for Colombians and Colombian Americans, such as:
- Passport renewals and applications for passports.
- Visa applications.
- Birth certificate requests.
- Death certificate requests.
- Certificates of Colombian nationality.
- Notary services (certifying documents).
- Legalization (of documents).
How to apply for a visa at the Consulate of Colombia in Boston?
You can get your visa application form on the website consulado.gov.co/boston/, which you will need to fill out and bring with you when visiting the Consulate. The process is free of charge, but make sure you have all the required documents before coming to the Consulate, as it may take up to six months for your visa to be processed. Bring your valid passport and two photographs ID.
The Consulate of Colombia in Boston is located at:
1 Lincoln Street, Suite 100 Boston MA 02111
Tel: (617) 247-0097 Fax: (617) 536-6581
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.