- 1 Information On the Consulate General of Argentina in Chicago, United States
- 2 Contact Information for the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States
- 3 Consular Services of the Consulate General of Argentina in Chicago, United States
- 4 FAQs about the Consulate in Chicago, United States
This page will discuss what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
Like always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
Information On the Consulate General of Argentina in Chicago, United States
A consulate like the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of citizens from Argentina.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Argentina who reside or are traveling. But it also supports more lasting connections between the Argentina and communities.
Many issues can be remedied by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A well informed lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States
205 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 4209
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (+1) 312 819-2610 / 16, –
Fax: (+1) 312 819-2626
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: www.cchic.mrecic.gov.ar
Head of Mission: Mrs Beatriz VivasConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Argentina in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate General of Argentina in Chicago, United States
Even though the consulate’s primary role is to protect citizens from Argentina while they are away from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and assist citizens from Argentina who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and FAQs about these and other subjects, look into the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these situations, also.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Chicago, United States
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have collaborated with local health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration attorney to find out the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Argentina nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Argentina nationals in custody
At the Argentine Consulate in Chicago, United States, they work to support nationals from Argentina around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Argentina in Washington, D.C., fills all other purposes. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Chicago, United States
Answers from trusted consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Argentina you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Argentina when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate General of Argentina in Chicago, United States provides a variety of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of nationals from Argentina who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Argentine Consulate in Hong Kong
- Argentine Consulate in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Argentine Consulate in Miami, United States
- Argentine Consulate in Paysandu, Uruguay
- Argentine Consulate in Houston, United States
- Argentine Consulate in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Argentine Consulate in Yacuiba, Bolivia
- Argentine Consulate in Atlanta, United States
- Argentine Consulate in Punta Arenas, Chile
- Argentine Consulate in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
- Argentine Consulate in Hamburg, Germany
- Argentine Consulate in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay
- Argentine Consulate in Fray Bentos, Uruguay
- Argentine Consulate in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Argentine Consulate in Sydney, Australia