The Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic is a convenient resource in many cases. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, typical services, contact information, and more.
As always, engage in communication with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Information About the Consulate General of Haiti in Barahona, Dominican Republic
A consulate like the Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic is part of a foreign country’s representation abroad. Its objective is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Haiti.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping people from Haiti who reside or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Haiti and people.
Many issues can be solved by you, but in other predicaments, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can deliver additional information and resources.
Contact Details for the Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic
Calle Carlos, Nassis, Numero 8, OR
Calle H #27, Villa del Mar
Barrio los Agronomos
Telephone: (+1 809) 524 7353, –
Fax: (+1 809) 524-3929
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 09:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Thérèse LongchampConsul General
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Haiti in Santo Domingo
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Overview of Consular Services for the Consulate General of Haiti in Barahona, Dominican Republic
Although the consulate’s primary role is to safeguard its people from Haiti while they far from their home country, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Visas, Passports, and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Haiti who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are different ways of identification provided by the Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the nearest location to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the official website for the most accurate office hours before visiting the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other topics, look into the Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these situations, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic
Some embassies and consulates offer other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with local health clinics to give services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to learn the details in your region. Before you drive to the office, double check the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Haiti nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Haiti nationals in custody
At the Haitian Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic, they work to help nationals from Haiti around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Haiti in Santo Domingo, fills all other objectives. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Barahona, Dominican Republic
Answers from experienced consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate online?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Haiti you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information here and you’ll be able to speak with a team member about setting up your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main duty of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Haiti when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate offer?
The Consulate General of Haiti in Barahona, Dominican Republic provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of citizens from Haiti who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Make sure to look at the opening hours on the website before heading in!
- Haitian Consulate in Montreal, Canada
- Haitian Consulate in Bremerhaven, Germany
- Haitian Consulate in Turin, Italy
- Haitian Consulate in New Orleans, United States
- Haitian Consulate in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
- Haitian Consulate in Orlando, United States
- Haitian Consulate in Chicago, United States
- Haitian Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Haitian Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Haitian Consulate in Oranjestad, Aruba
- The Consulate of Haiti in the United States
- Haitian Consulate in Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
- Haitian Consulate in Dajabon, Dominican Republic
- Haitian Consulate in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Haitian Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador