- 1 How much is the Salvadoran passport?
The El Salvador passport appointment is a document that allows people to apply for a passport from the El Salvador embassy. The process of applying for a passport at an El Salvador embassy can be difficult and time-consuming, so the appointment allows you to bypass some of these difficulties.
What is a Passport?
The El Salvador passport is issued to citizens of El Salvador, and it allows them to travel internationally. The passport contains biographical information about the holder, such as name, date of birth, place of birth and photo. It also includes a statement that the citizen has not been convicted of any serious crimes and will not be travelling for reasons related to terrorism or organized crime.
Why do I need a Passport?
The United States of America is a member of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA). If you are a citizen of El Salvador, then you need a passport in order to enter or leave the country. We can help you with your passport application process in just a few easy steps. Apply for an appointment with us today!
- Consulate of El Salvador in Brentwood, United States
- Consulate of El Salvador in Beirut, Lebanon
- Consulate of El Salvador in Mumbai, India
- Consulate of El Salvador in Chennai, India
- Consulate of El Salvador in El Paso, United States
- Consulate of El Salvador in Manila, Philippines
- Consulate of El Salvador in Monterrey, Mexico
- Consulate of El Salvador in Tapachula, Mexico
- Consulate of El Salvador in San Diego, United States
- Consulate of El Salvador in Boston, United States
- Consulate of El Salvador in Lisbon, Portugal
- Consulate of El Salvador in Valencia, Spain
- Consulate of El Salvador Dallas
- Consulate of El Salvador in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Consulate of El Salvador in Bangkok, Thailand
How much is the Salvadoran passport?
Requirements for El Salvador Passport Appointment in the United States
El Salvador passport appointment is available to those who are residing in the United States. You can apply for an appointment at your nearest Embassy or Consulate of El Salvador. The following documents are required:
- Original Birth Certificate issued by a Civil Registry Office, bearing apostle and/or legalization, translated into Spanish by a sworn translator;
- Original Marriage Certificate issued by a Civil Registry Office, bearing apostle and/or legalization, translated into Spanish by a sworn translator;
- Passport valid for at least six months;
- Two (2) recent photographs (white background);
- Copy of Police Clearance Certificate The cost for a new El Salvador passport is $135 including processing fees.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for U.S. Passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), Follow-up appointments and Notarial Services, please visit the following link.
If you need an emergency passport or need to report an emergency affecting a U.S. Citizen that is NOT related to visas, residency or any other immigration benefit, please call 2501-2628.
Our office has a 15-minute policy; you will not be allowed to enter more than 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after your appointment time.
For your convenience and the convenience of our other customers, the ACS Unit requests that only those persons who have American Citizen Services needs come into the waiting room. Friends and relatives not having business with the Unit should wait outside the Embassy, or arrange to meet their party after his/her American Citizen Services business has been conducted.
After-hour Emergencies: Phone (503) 2501-2999
What Happens After Getting an El Salvador Passport
At the US Embassy in San Salvador, we offer appointments for passport renewal or first time applicants. You can schedule an appointment by calling our office in Washington DC at 202-966-3691. Please note that you must have a valid, unexpired U.S. passport and your old El Salvador one to be able to get a new one. If you do not have either of these, please contact the embassy before making any travel plans or arrangements for visas. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 11:30AM and 2:00PM to 4:30PM (except on American holidays). We also offer Saturday appointments on some days of the week during certain hours.
Where to Apply for an El Salvador Passport Appointment
You can apply for your El Salvador passport appointment at the Embassy of El Salvador in Washington, D.C. The embassy is located at: 2741 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20008-2539 and you can call them at (202) 238-6700.