- 1 Info On the Consulate of Chile in Detroit, United States
- 2 Contact Information for the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States
- 3 Consular Services of the Consulate of Chile in Detroit, United States
- 4 FAQs about the Consulate in Detroit, United States
The Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This blog will discuss what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and anything else you can think of.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have any more questions.
Info On the Consulate of Chile in Detroit, United States
A consulate like the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Chile.
The consulate’s primary functions focus on helping citizens from Chile who reside or are traveling. But it also encourages more lasting connections between the Chile and people.
Many problems can be fixed by you, but in other cases, you might need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can provide additional information and resources.
Contact Information for the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States
1342 Three Mile Drive
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48230
Telephone: (+1) 313-417 0258, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: www.chileanconsulatedetroit.org
Head of Mission: Mariela Cecilia Griffor Ibanez VeraHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Chile in Washington, D.C.
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Chile in Detroit, United States
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to protect citizens from Chile while they far from home, their consular services for a range of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and help citizens from Chile who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of relatives.
A common consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can inform you about the spectrum of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to make an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States’s FAQ page. Immigration law firms can help navigate these scenarios, additionally.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Detroit, United States
Some embassies and consulates give other consular services like healthcare for uninsured people needing low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have partnered with local health providers to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Chile nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Hold records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Chile nationals in custody
At the Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States, they work to help nationals from Chile around the world. Before you travel to the office, investigate the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Chile in Washington, D.C., fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most countries have various consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Detroit, United States
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate online?
You can program an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Chile you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about scheduling your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main role of the consulate is to safeguard international citizens from Chile when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Chile in Detroit, United States provides a diversity of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, confirmation of the well-being of citizens from Chile who are in the custody of local police, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Chilean Consulate in Malmö, Sweden
- Chilean Consulate in Eilat, Israel
- Chilean Consulate in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Chilean Consulate in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Chilean Consulate in Piraeus, Greece
- Chilean Consulate in Trondheim, Norway
- Chilean Consulate in Port Louis, Mauritius
- Chilean Consulate in Naples, Italy
- Chilean Consulate in Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Chilean Consulate in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Chilean Consulate in Cork, Ireland
- Chilean Consulate in Maldonado, Uruguay
- Chilean Consulate in Bari, Italy
- Chilean Consulate in Tripoli, Lb, Lebanon
- Chilean Consulate in Santander, Spain