The Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, learn about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This page will cover what the Consulate does, common services, contact info, and more.
Like always, reach out to an experienced immigration law firm or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
Info Regarding the Consulate of Chile in Lyon, France
A consulate like the Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to defend and protect the rights and interests of people from Chile.
The consulate’s primary tasks focus on helping citizens from Chile who live or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Chile and people.
Many issues can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can contribute with additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France
2 bis Rue de la Chaux
69450. Saint Cyr au Mont d’or
Telephone: (+33) 4-7864 0494, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Ignacio Velasco ArellanoHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Chile in Paris
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Chile in Lyon, France
Even if the consulate’s first role is to protect citizens from Chile while they are away from their home country, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Documents, Health Services and More
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Chile who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A regular consular service is helping with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the scope of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Please review the website for the most accurate office hours prior to heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and frequently asked questions about these and other topics, check out the Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these situations, as well.
Additional Services from the Consulate in Lyon, France
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to deliver services on site. Contact the local consulate or an immigration lawyer to find out the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services like protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Assist victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Make sure Chile nationals get fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Give civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Contribute with interpretation and legal representation for Chile nationals in custody
At the Chilean Consulate in Lyon, France, they work to assist nationals from Chile around the world. Before you head down to the office, review the opening hours on the official website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Chile in Paris, fills all other objectives. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate works within the district it is located. Most nations have multiple consulates in the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Lyon, France
Answers from trusted consular assistance professionals.
1. How do I make an appointment with the consulate online?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Chile you choose or making use of the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to get in touch with a staff member about programming your appointment.
2. What does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Chile when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who help with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these very helpful!
3. What consular services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Chile in Lyon, France provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, help with identification documents, locate missing relatives, help to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, verification of the well-being of nationals from Chile who are in the custody of local officials, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Chilean Consulate in Belfast, United Kingdom
- Chilean Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Chilean Consulate in Trento, Italy
- Chilean Consulate in Honolulu, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Cadiz, Spain
- Chilean Consulate in Nagasaki, Japan
- Chilean Consulate in Yerevan, Armenia
- Chilean Consulate in Maldonado, Uruguay
- Chilean Consulate in Kansas City, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Sapporo, Japan
- Chilean Consulate in Manaus, Brazil
- Chilean Consulate in Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Chilean Consulate in Vicenza, Italy
- Chilean Consulate in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Chilean Consulate in Palermo, Italy